Halloween in England is kind of watered down. They do a lot of the same things we do in the US (trick-or-treating, dressing up, parties, etc.) but they don't go as big as we do. That's okay with me. I'd rather focus on Atley's birthday anyway.
Speaking of Atley's birthday, our little boy is finally 3! I've been calling him a 3-year-old for the last few months, but now he really is 3! Here are the pictures to prove it.
While the kids were napping we set out all the presents. Atley got a couple of things to draw with so Ian drew some neat pictures for him and a special "Happy Birthday" message.
I let him have whatever he wanted to eat. That resulted in apples and french fries. Go figure. I think he's a vegetarian. He has no desire to eat meat. It's kind of boring to feed him because he's so picky. Oh well.
Holly enjoyed Atley's gifts as much as he did. I'm pretty sure she thought it was her birthday too.
He really has grown an imagination over the last year. He often goes around the house crawling and I have to guess what animal he is. I say "are you being a tiger?" and he'll say "no, I'm an Atley bear!" Oh! My bad, Atley bear. To my defense he has about 4 animals that crawl on all fours and growls. Someday I'll get them all straight!
He's also getting really sweet. He loves his Mommy and has no problem saying it. He's still a little confused on how to properly express it. He'll come and give me me a hug out of the blue and say "I love you too, Mommy!"
We feel blessed to have Atley as a part of our family. He's loving and imaginative. He's Holly's best friend and worst enemy. What would we do without him?
Last is our video of singing happy birthday to him. I think he was more interested in the cookies (even if I did burn them!)



2 comments:
Poor Holly really does look like she has a mullet! Lol. Oh well. She'll probably look back at pictures someday and say, "Mom, how could you let me wear my hair like that!" It was great talking to you guys the other day!
Time is going by so quickly! I've know you for more than 3 years now, can you believe that! The kids are so big and you all seem to be doing well and happy...I'm so glad. Thanks for the update!
Post a Comment