It has ducks!
Alright, I might have already known the park was there. And maybe Ian and I had our first date there, but that doesn't mean we go there all the time! Besides, this time we decided to go further into the park than we did on that date. So I guess instead of saying we discovered a new park, I could say we discovered hidden parts of the park. Yeah. That still sounds exciting, right? They have frisbee golf, a picnic area, and as already mentioned, ducks! Atley just wanted to throw rocks at the ducks. I guess we'll have to teach him about being kind to all of God's creatures. We're still working on being nice to Holly though. I see that as kind of a priority.

We decided to go back to the more familiar part of the park (for the ducks sake) and so we could find some rocks for Atley to throw. He quickly ran out of little pebbles so Mommy came to the rescue!

How was the water, you ask? COLD! I almost chickened out, but then I decided it was a small sacrifice that I could make for Atley and (as long as there were pictures) he would remember how much his Mommy loves him. Wanna see a video? No making fun of my rolled up pants!
Apparently I'm a trendsetter too because those kids showed up and wanted to get in the water too. Then they realized how cold it was and changed their minds. Smart kids!
Hm...now where was Holly throughout all this? Well...

She was learning to walk with DADDY!

She was learning to walk with DADDY!
Okay, so she can't walk on her own, but she loves to hold onto our fingers and walk, walk, walk, all day! She's really short though as you know from our previous post, so it is a little hard on the back. I came over to dry out and watch my little girl become a big person, but I decided to sit down. You'll see in the video, Holly wanted to sit down too. Lazy fraidy girl!
She's still working on the walking and the courage. I think she'll get there soon. For now I'm okay that she just crawls. She's really great at it. Now I just need to attach swiffers to her knees and get some extra cleaning done!
She's still working on the walking and the courage. I think she'll get there soon. For now I'm okay that she just crawls. She's really great at it. Now I just need to attach swiffers to her knees and get some extra cleaning done!

No comments:
Post a Comment