June 28, 2011

The World Famous San Diego Zoo

Of course we've visited the World Famous San Diego Zoo. As Ian would say, you have to! It's WORLD FAMOUS! We decided the best choice for us was to buy their annual passes. They weren't much more expensive than a one day pass and we could go to both parks in small parts so we didn't wear the kids out. They love looking at all the animals. Atley especially loves the Lions.
Photobucket
Everytime we leave the house Atley thinks we're going to the zoo so he says: Mommy, you wanna see the lions? I must say that I have a slight aversion to the lions since I saw this sign in their cage.
Photobucket
(I took this picture for you Kayleen. I thought you could appreciate it!)
Gross, huh? Yeah well Atley can't read, so he still loves the Lions. I was surprised to see how big they really are. Some other animals that were a big hit were...
the polar bears,
Photobucket
the elephants,
Photobucket
the gorillas,
Photobucket
and the turtles.
Photobucket
I'm not sure the kids know they aren't real. I think it's a lot safer to give a kiss to a statue than a real animal though so I didn't want to ruin the bliss.
One thing that was really cool at the Wild Animal Park was an exhibit called Lorikeet Landing. You can pay $3 to buy some nectar to feed the Lorikeets. We're too stingy to buy the nectar and we thought the kids would freak if the birds landed on them, so we didn't. We were able to get really close to the birds and get some great pictures.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We're still hoping to get to the zoo a couple more times before we move, because well, beacause its WORLD FAMOUS!

2 comments:

Kassy said...

So much fun! I'm so jealous because Holly is chubbier than Karys (we can't get her to keep any weight on). Miss you guys & having little friends next door for Karys to play with!

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

That sign is a crack up! haha! Looks like so much fun!