June 18, 2010

Art, Sitting, and Brotherly Love!

Ian and I were able to enjoy a date this week. We went up to the school and Ian taught me what he's been learning in his art class--WATERCOLOR! You remember in elementary school when they gave you the little watercolor palette and you went to town with those wiry bristled brushes that didn't do much in the way of art? Well, this was kind of similar, except the brushes were higher quality and my teacher seemed to have a lot more knowledge of watercolor than my elementary school art teacher (and much better looking, too!) Anyway, here are the pictures!
Photobucket
Ian was taking the pictures this time. I think he wanted proof that I can do art (with guidance of course!)

Photobucket
My beach scene (in case you couldn't tell).

Photobucket
This is what Ian is working on for class. It's a very detailed photo with A LOT of flowers!

Photobucket
Our setup.

Photobucket
This picture is a pastel drawing that Ian did earlier for class. Lots of shadows. Cool, huh?

In other news, Holly is learning to sit! She's come quite far in the past couple of days--enough to share for sure!

Atley and Holly really love each other. I know I've said that before, but it's always surprising to me how much Atley wants to be involved in what Holly is learning. Here's a couple videos to show you what I mean.


Atley loves to make Holly laugh and this was a pretty good example during Family Home Evening this week.
Also, what blog post about a baby is complete without a video of something adults find so cute in babies and super weird with Adults? Babies are so good at being cute...and weird. Don't try this at home!

1 comment:

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

What a good idea for a date! You look so good! Atley is such a cute little boy, I loved watching him help Holly- so sweet!