Use it up, wear it out, do with it, or do without!
Weather or not a person is affluent, I think it's a great maxim to live by. If more people followed it, then there would be a lot less waste in our world, and thereby a lot less want. So, here's is my first project in line with this way of thinking. I have a few more ideas in mind, but those are a little further off. If/when they are accomplished I'll be sure to share them too.
This little beauty is called a tag blanket. Have you ever noticed how interested in tags babies are? I never did...until my little Holly came along. I had seen these before but never really felt like I would need or want one. Well, Holly loves to play with tags, so this was the perfect gift for her! Would you like to see what I used to make it?
These pieces of fabric were just laying around my house begging to be made over into something new. I'm pretty sure the ribbon came from a gift I was given a while back. The best part? Even with my limited sewing experience the makeover was a success! Wanna know what I learned from the project?
Also, I wanted to give an update on Ian's watercolor project. It's FINSIHED! So, I was pretty impressed. Here is is in all it's watercolor glory!
This little beauty is called a tag blanket. Have you ever noticed how interested in tags babies are? I never did...until my little Holly came along. I had seen these before but never really felt like I would need or want one. Well, Holly loves to play with tags, so this was the perfect gift for her! Would you like to see what I used to make it?
These pieces of fabric were just laying around my house begging to be made over into something new. I'm pretty sure the ribbon came from a gift I was given a while back. The best part? Even with my limited sewing experience the makeover was a success! Wanna know what I learned from the project?
- The lady on the craft blog wasn't lying when she said this fabric might be hard to work with because it stretches.
- A first try is just that...a try! Nobody should expect it to be perfect, so neither should I! Also, it shouldn't keep someone from trying again.
- Just because something isn't perfect doesn't mean it isn't good.
That last lesson was taught to me by Holly. Wanna see what she thought of her gift? Of course you do! She's too adorable to say no!


3 comments:
She is growing up so fast! Atley is a good little talker! I loved hearing his little voice in the backround.
Wow! I miss you so much! I keep thinking of all the fun things we could do together if we lived close :) Speaking of which... I'm REALLY wishing you were here to help me with this baby girl gift. I feel nervous asking anyone else to help...
This was so cute! I loved the videos of your precious little girl!!!!!
I loved how in that last video her face would go from "mommy this is awesome!" to "mommy why did you stop!?" LOL love it! kids are hilarious! Glad to see how healthy she is!!! :)
Post a Comment