October 6, 2012

A Hobby from the Good Old American West

My Dad has been on this mania. He's getting back into leather work. He's made wallets, a purse, and keychains in large proportions as gifts for his children and grandchildren over the last year or so. He used to do it when he was younger and with a little encouragement from yours truly, he's picked it back up.

What's the best thing about my Dad's rediscovered hobby? No not all the cool leather gifts I've gotten. He took some time to teach my kids!
It all started with Atley's curiosity with the mallet. We all decided unsupervised mallet wielding was probably not a good idea. So we channeled it. 

Look at that face! Pure joy! Thanks Grandpa!

Atley was really good at picking out the letters. He liked spelling his name on his keychain.

Holly's project was a coin purse. She wanted flowers and butterflies. What a girly girl!

Again, loving that face!

Work work work that leather baby!

This is the best picture I got of the finished project. They ran off with them and wouldn't share so I could take a picture. I guess I'll have to sneak one later and post an update.

What sort of hobbies do you share with your parents or grandparents?

No comments: