October 5, 2012

Playing Princess the Serious Way

My child thinks she's a princess. I swear if I didn't give her a reality check now and again, she would expect to wear a dress every day and have me carry her around like I'm her private 'My Little Pony.' Well, Grandma Marsha has now bought into the fantasy. I'm afraid there's no going back now.

Complete with a crown, earrings, two rings, a necklace, and heeled shoes, she's legitimate. If her purple princess shoes are anywhere near when we're getting ready to leave she insists on wearing them. My Mom actually took her out in them and she turned heads! (That pretty lady hidden behind Holly is my lovely sister Erin! Love that girl!)

Check out that bling!

Aunt Erin additionally spoiled Holly by bringing her a life size Lotso bear. He smells like strawberries and begs for hugs! She was on cloud nine that day.

In other news, I finally broke down and got Holly's hair cut--sort of. 

I let my Mom do it because I can't be trusted with scissors when it comes to girl hair. Just ask my sister about the trim I gave her. Her bangs/fringe took forever to grow back out! Also, Holly kept asking for a hair cut; no doubt something she learned from her Dad who asks me daily for a haircut when his hair even flirts with touching his ears.


She was very good and didn't even cry! Pretty good considering it's her first haircut ever! That's right, I'm that Mom; the one who lets her child's hair grow forever............... At least she's a girl!

Perfect face when I said "Smile for the camera!" Good photogenic training!



Now you might be looking at that haircut and think 'that doesn't really look any different'. Well, I did say "sort of". We just trimmed up the back and evened it out. It made her look so much older, I couldn't be persuaded to continue and giver her bangs/fringe. 

When the cut was finished I asked Holly what she thought. She grabbed a piece of her hair looked it over and said "I don't want my hair to be yellow. I want it to be brown!" Then she cried. I guess someone has been watching a little too much Tangled. It must be the princess in her.

PS-Now that I know people in the US and UK are reading my blog, I'm really conflicted with which words to use (i.e. bangs/fringe.) Then again, I looked at my statistics and saw a few page hits from China. I guess I'll draw the line there. I can't please everyone!

No comments: