November 1, 2010

Halloween

My kids had a great time this year with Halloween. Their costumes were adorable and how can anyone resist giving candy to a kid like that?
Atley dressed up as a Ghost and had a great time in his costume--at least the first time I made him wear it. We went to our ward party on Tuesday before Halloween. He thought it was great to be a ghost but we didn't bring home any candy.
Then Friday came and we wanted to take him Trick-or-Treating at Ian's work. Well he DID NOT want to wear that costume. I don't think I've ever seen him throw a fit like that one. Of course I was frustrated because I was excited about the Trick-or-Treating. I knew he would love it, but he was being so difficult. Needless to say, I got my way. I'm the Mom. Duh!
And he loved it, like I knew he would. Now he asks me for candy all the time! Silly Atley.
We also went to a Halloween party that our friend Kayleen put together for the kids. It was GREAT! We enjoyed a ghost hunt, a pinata, and some tasty treats.
Our little Holly was a puppy for Halloween. She was so good while I put the make up on I decided to only do it one day. Thanks again to Kayleen for helping me with her ears! She was really good at crawling around and picking up candy. She had trouble letting go of the candy and she didn't get to eat any (at least beyond a taste), but I think she had a great time. And, it's like it said before, I think it was mostly for me anyway, so she was a good sport.

We had a very enjoyable Halloween but it sort of came and went for our family. I think we were more focused on November 1st. (Psst...that's Atley's birthday!)

4 comments:

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

How cute! You are such a fun mom! I remember going to Melalueca with you last year when Atley was a little surfer/beach bum, he is just so cute...I can't wait to see him and Holly when we come back to Rexburg, I am always so shocked at how fast they grow!

Unknown said...

Gosh! My grandkids are so adorable....I am lucky Grandma! Your comments about growing together in life with your kids are very insightful, touching and so true...thanks for sharing them.

Michaela said...

What cute costumes! Did you make them? Holly and Atley look adorable!

Ian Sorensen said...

Michaela- I didn't make the costumes, but I did alter Holly's a little bit. A friend of mine sent me the outfit but the ears were attached so we took them off and added them to a headband for her to wear. Atley's costume was a hand-me-down from his cousin.