
Atley is on a dinosaur kick. He loves dinosaurs and now every animal seems to say "rawr!" I wanted to make him a dinosaur cake so badly. I only say that because it makes more sense that this was the second cake I had to make in order for that to happen. It was very emotional for me, but I completed the dinosaur cake for my little boy! Victory for Mom! Here is the tutorial I used to make it. If you think my cake is awesome, don't look at hers. It'll just make me feel bad. But, then again, after the first cake crumbled I was lucky I got to make the cake I wanted to anyway.

I also made a personal sized cake for Atley so he didn't slobber all over the cake everyone was going to eat when he was trying to blow out his candles.
The following is a sideshow of some pictures of Atley from birth until now. Please enjoy. I hope it brings tears to your eyes like it does to me!
I was just commenting to Ian the other day on how much anxiety came to me with Atley's birthday. I know I can be a Mom to a baby. The quality is yet to be determined, but he hasn't died so that's good enough evidence for now. But the older Atley gets the more growth I have to go through too. I have to relearn how to play. I have to learn how to convince him that brushing his teeth is necessary if he wants to keep them. I have to learn how to share the love of Heavenly Father with him.
I love this challenge! One thing I learned at BYU-Idaho is that if you want to be successful in life in whatever capacity that you choose to pursue, you have to become a lifetime learner. Since graduation, I have found that this is more true as a Mom then I would've ever suspected. I am so glad to have Atley in my life. He is so special. I am grateful to Heavenly Father for trusting me with one of his precious children to watch over and teach. I guess we'll just have to keep growing together because I gotta say, I'm very attached!



3 comments:
WOW! 2 already!! IS it just me or is time going by way too fast? I love your cake...I spent HOURS on Caity's cake, and it was a basic circle that turned out pretty hideous...you cake is way cooler.
First - have I told you how sweet your comment on my blog was?! :)
And Atley is so cute! I love the sideshow of him! And his cakes! So cute!!
so sweet! your kids are very blessed with such a loving mom.
Post a Comment